Thursday, 7 April 2016


We researched music to go with our title sequence because our genre is thriller we are going to need a slow and eerie soundtrack to create a creepy atmosphere.
As a group we decided to add an audio to our sequence influence from the Gone Girl sequence. We choose to have one of our group member to say a few sentences from the Brothers Grimm story Hansel and Gretel as it links to our narrative of the missing boy this is effective because it adds suspense and tension towards the audience.


When planning to reshoot the scenes of the attic and looking through the evidence we needed a really dark room so we booked out the schools drama room as its all black which is perfect on what we needed. We decided that having just a spot light on the protagonist and props will draw the audience and will make no distractions but also gives it a more creepy and thriller look.


From our feedback we decided to remove the montage of arrows and road signs as it didn't go with the sequence as we was told it was random and didn't go with the narrative of the title sequence. So instead of road signs we changed it to the main character planning her journey for looking her missing brother we shown this by having maps, train times and tickets. These shots are much more successful as its more clear on whats going on. I filmed the protagonist writing the train times and a close up of her looking and drawing on the map then i filmed all the props together by moving the camera in one smooth motion showing the audience the props then the camera ending on the picture of the missing boy.

Wednesday, 6 April 2016

Title Sequence final cut

Evaluation 5

Looking back to your preliminary task, What do you feel that you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product? 

I have learnt a lot throughout the making of our title sequence. As i choose to do cinematography i learnt about different kinds of camera shoots and angles and when framing the shot. I have learnt about the media industry such as distributing, audience demographics and analyzing title sequences which has expanded my knowledge on this subject. I also got a chance to use Final Cut Pro when making the production title i found that this was very useful as i have now got the hang of it so next time when it comes to using it i can make quality work on Final Cut Pro.
I also learnt on how to use and make stop motion on our typography and how to import and edit it. I think the stop motion is the best aspect in our title sequence because it brings the whole sequence together and gives it a mysterious look.

I also learned a lot about the codes and conventions of the thriller genre which helped make our sequence, such as sound we had to research a lot on sound as it took time to find the right sound that went with the sequence but finally we did. We had to download and import a lot of sounds as we couldn't use copyrighted music which also made it even more harder.

I have learnt on how to communicate and express my ideas more to my peers. So working together was an easy thing and sharing ideas to help better our final cut of our title sequence. We also learnt about time management by working in our free periods and after school to finish our work to the best of our ability. 

Evaluation 5

Evaluation 4